- Who and/or what influences and inspires your Illustrations?
- I have noticed your fond use of found ephemera, I always tend to overcrowd my images, I want to include just about everything I find all at once! What advise would you offer in relation to the way you answer a brief?
- Sometimes, I experience quite a few mental blocks when I create an image, and have to have a break. Sometimes I think if I prepared myself better from the start or earlier on, or maybe if I had a strategic approach? But you don't have so much time, in the real world (so to speak). When answering a brief, do you have a strategic approach or method to how you go about creating your Illustrations? (I'm sorry if that question is very vague, I don't quite know how to word it)
- Do you think it is better working in a studio with other Illustrators who you can share your ideas with, as opposed to 'your own private space'? if so why?
- What would you say makes the difference between success and failure when trying to establish yourself in the design industry?
- What was the easiest way to establish and promote yourself within the wide world of Illustration?
- Would you say it is hard to remain an established Illustrator when there are so many other illustrating practitioners within the design industry?
- You wont have seen my portfolio upto date, but if you get time, I have included a Pdf, I would greatly appreciate your opinion and advice on improving any aspects of my designs. I can appreciate how busy you are but if you get the time, I would be over the moon to hear what you think.
- What advice would you offer an aspiring Illustrator?
Thankyou so much for your time, any of your feedback to any of the questions would be greatly valued! I look forward to hearing from you!
Of course I remember you (and your lovely work!)
I'd be happy to do the questionnaire, but am pretty up to my teeth with things this week. When do you need the info by? I expect things are hotting up for you at the moment!
I'm glad to hear you remember my stuff! thankyou for your compliment!!
Well.. all of my work is due on the 8th of may, but i need a week or so to research after the mail back. Don't worry if you don't have time, I would love for your feedback though! Your a real inspiration!!
Maybe I shall hear from you soon..
All the best in your work!
I feel bad I haven't beeen able to send you answers to your questions after all. I'm afraid, I've had a sudden bereavement and just haven't had time at all. Your work look great though - thanks for showing me - my only advice would be don't over-computerise! keep your lovely hand-madeness!!! V goggg luck and let me know how it goes.